Saturday, March 27, 2010

catching up...

It is true; there is a need for some catching up. It would seem to the idle observer that restrictions on the use of my vocal chords have extended to my use of words in general. I am here to tell the reader that this is not so. I have regained the use of said vocal chords (10 days of vibrating ago) and though I am still to be gentle with and respectful of my voice usage I am back to a world of work and chats over coffee with friends. But I have also been busy with words both with and without my actual voice. I have been doing a little course in short story writing. Our wonderful council has seen fit to offer some ‘free’ courses via LCACE to inspire its inhabitants, and promote the appreciation and use of this area’s remarkable resources...getting us out and about!

Putting pen to paper was a lovely catharsis for the continued use of words in some dimension! It was also great to take advantage of these free gifts as they were offered and it was well timed for me! I am without extra funds for whims as work has been thin without my voice, and I have had extra time for the same reason.

Short stories have long been a tiny fear of mine so embracing the challenge of keeping it short was quite a leap. It was wonderful to actually use a pen too...and to rediscover the beauty of a blank piece of paper and all its possibilities. Once I was on a roll there was no stopping me, hence the long suffering blog!

I shall endeavour to include a story or two from sometime soon...but I am still in anal editing stage and completed products need a boost of my fragile confidence to make it to this page!!!!
The words are happening, the voice is back, I have found a new way to express myself on paper and vocally. One with insight and patience and one with gentleness and patience again....so please bear with me and be patient, the blogs will roll again; the stories will find their way here too.

No comments: