Monday, July 4, 2011

menopausal mishaps......

Let me recount the menopausal mishaps I seem to be experiencing….Two nights ago I was watching some interminably boring TV when I felt the need to go into our art/study room and do some internet browsing…wearing my ever fashionable ugg boots and some lovely baggy pj’s I jumped up with an alacrity belying my age and sped off to the aforementioned rendezvous. I whipped past the door faster than the speed of light and found myself tripping on a mat and gliding skier like across the floor…all well and good ( and perhaps even a little fun ) except that I was heading for my hubby’s latest artistic creation still damp upon the easel…..my racing mind ( and body) decided that hands outstretched in a saving myself stance was a bad idea ( as they would surely go through the painting) so I pulled them back and attempted to shrink myself closer to the floor, alas too late… I hit the artwork nose first! With considerable force. Nose to nose with the portrait figure and equally covered with paint! Oh dear!! Funny yes, but painful also and I had a little blood nose for a while and still a little bruising and soreness today!!

Earlier in the week I went to my youngest daughter’s drama recital all dressed up in a new pair of slinky trousers feeling quite civilized. Sitting in the car I felt the rim of the trouser flap (it had a nice piece of extra material giving it a long skirt appearance (very chic I imagined) and was sure something did not feel quite right….I cogitated a bit and felt it again and again and realized with a start minutes before arriving at our destination that I had put these trousers on inside out…oh no!! Not again!! It is unfortunately something I do all too often these days (a while ago I spent all day out and about in an inside out pair of jeans….why didn’t someone say something??) “Stop the car at the next servo”, I demanded… and was rewarded by a visit to a well known truckie stop complete with burly unshaven truckies and lots of very big machines…..but it also had a ladies toilet and enough space and privacy for a quick turnaround of my trousers! Saved…thank goodness, the thought of my daughters face, stern, disapproving and embarrassed would have been all too much…..time for new glasses me thinks…

The treasures of aging I call these little events…and am glad that I occasionally imbibe of a modest laughter yoga session because there’s one thing that I know I am going to do well, laugh……………..it keeps me young, you see ….

1 comment:

Ambrosia said...

So that's what my problem is...pending menopause! I thought I was just going nuts.....