Friday, May 21, 2010

singing......with joy in my heart

I am so happy to have been a part of the singing workshop I attended this past weekend! It was part two of the singing workshop that I have mentioned earlier this year....but this is where the consolidation set in....Brian Martin and Imogen Wolf facilitated and the wealth of knowledge they shared and imparted to us was amazing! I love to sing...no doubt about it and my life has been peppered by a constant connection to that love! I have sung in local theatre company productions of musicals and pantomimes...I have been in the wonderful company of four other like voiced ladies and sung an eclectic selection of tribal and self composed songs all over the north coast for many years, I have sung in choirs and enjoyed solo stints at local gatherings...and now much to my absolute pleasure I am singing in a 7 strong acapella group with an emphasis on African, negro spiritual music! To sing is to feel alive and joyous! So at this late stage of my journey to feel that I could improve and gain in strength in this area of my life was a bountiful pleasure. Especially after my many silent weeks this year dealing with nodules on the larynx. I have a renewed sense of possibility with this voice of mine and am enjoying our group rehearsals so much more. This blog is an exclamation of my happiness and a thankyou to those who shared and made the workshop possible in the first place...it was the best of its kind and I cannot wait for the follow up in August! La la la de la.....

No comments: