Saturday, November 21, 2009

The greatest happiness.....

My greatest satisfaction is seeing my children happy...seeing the smile of complete joy and freedom on their faces......

I love that that they can be happy to just be,
Be themselves, be complete in doing what their moments dictate....

I feel that swell of love within me when I see their joy, it washes over me and I grow in stature!
All I want, dream and hope for is that as my children continue to grow they continue to find the heart to choose happiness in their lives, above ego, above money and material wealth or gain, above personal pride, above appearances.......

All I wish is that I have been able to give them this one thing, total unequivocal, unconditional love, that knows no boundaries, avoids judgement and asks nothing......I wish that it is this love, surrounding, washing over and tenderly touching them that can help to carry them through all of life’s ups and downs and continue to help them truly ‘be’ their happiness........

When children are small they shine with innocence and as they play in the sand or go higher on the swing, they embrace their moments with fullness, laughing in abandonment and liberty......they trust someone will be there if they fall or feel lost, to comfort and love......
As they grow they begin to wonder about the dress they wear on the sand or whether they have the time to spend on the swing......

Society begins to encroach on their inner freedom, inclining choices based on appearances and feelings of self worth based on arbitrary dictates.....

With all my heart and love I pray that I can give my children the strength to value who they are outside of these boundaries, who they are at the deep inner core of their being...and that yes, they choose happiness above subjective success.....

....They choose a happiness and a path of heart that is true to their individual natures and because of its truth contains little anger, dissatisfaction, frustration or prejudice.....that expresses love because it embraces the love they have for themselves...

Wikipedia describes happiness as " a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy."

Some of us find happiness climbing the tallest mountain, completing the hardest degree, some of us find joy in a summer sunrise, sharing a meal with a friend, growing a flower, some of us find happiness in caring for others, some of us find happiness in exploring the unchartered, sitting in quiet meditation, organising a party, cleaning the house, writing a poem.....whatever it be, to do it because of the joy it brings, means you will do it with love.....and with love comes peace.......

I say it again and again and with love and peace, my greatest happiness is seeing my children happy!

No comments: